4 Chocolate Candy Bars, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons dried egg whites
1/2 cup warm water
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
2 tablespoons granular sugar substitute
1 Chocolate Candy Bar, frozen
Dried egg whites, which are great for people who are uncomfortable using raw eggs, were once available only to professional kitchens. Now they can be found in the baking section of most grocery stores.
1. Melt 4 chocolate candy bars in a double boiler. Cool to room temperature.
2. While chocolate is cooling, whisk dried egg whites and water 2 minutes, until whites are thoroughly dissolved. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat whites 3 minutes, until stiff peaks form; set aside.
3. Mix cocoa with ¼ cup of the cream until smooth. Stir cocoa mixture into chocolate.
4. With an electric mixer, beat remaining 1¼ cups cream with sugar substitute. Set aside 1 cup of whipped cream; fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
5. In three additions, fold egg whites into chocolate-cream mixture. Divide among dessert glasses. Pipe reserved whipped cream on top of mousse. With a vegetable peeler, shave thin pieces from frozen chocolate candy bar. Sprinkle over whipped cream.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|