1/2 kilo beef (tender cut from sirloin or round) cut into chunk cubes
2 pig hocks
7 cups water
Pinch salt & pepper
1/2 cup oil
4 tablespoons atsuete oil
2 heads garlic (minced)
2 medium sized onions (diced)
1/2 cup bagoong alamang
3 cup ground nuts or 4 cups of peanut butter
1/4 cup ground toasted rice
5 pieces eggplant (sliced into rings)
1 banana bud (cut to almost proportional to eggplant slices, blanch in boiling water)
1 bundle sitaw (string beans) cut to 2" long
1.In a casserole, boil oxtail, hocks, beef. Lower fire and let simmer until all meat is tender and cooked. Remove all scum that rises to the surface.
2. Take out the meat, set aside, keep stock for later.
3. In another casserole, heat oil and atsuete oil and saute garlic, onion and bagoong alamang and toasted rice and nuts (if using nuts)
4. Add oxtail, hocks and beef, pour in the stock, season with salt and pepper and add peanut butter (if using peanut butter)
5. Simmer until all flavors are incorporated, then add the vegetables.
6. Make sure vegetables is well cooked and not soggy.
7. Serve hot with bagoong with calamansi and chili pepper.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|