8 small bananas
8 rice pancakes
Oil for deep frying
25g grated coconut
25ml fresh calamansi juice
75g rice flour
Pinch of salt
150ml fresh milk
1. Skin the bananas and wrap in the rice pancakes.
2. Mix the cornstarch with a little cold water and seal the pancakes.
3. Heat the oil and deep fry for 3-4 minutes then remove and drain thoroughly.
4. Sprinkle the grated coconut and calamansi juice over the top and serve on banana leaves.
To make the pancakes:
1. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Break in the egg and gradually add the milk, stirring continuously until the batter is completely smooth.
3. Heat a small, lightly greased, crÍpe pan and add a little batter (approximately 2 tablespoons) and tilt so that the pancake is even and very thin.
4. Cook for about 45 seconds on each side, then remove and prepare the remaining pancakes in a similar manner.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|