1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. coffee liqueur
1 tsp. NESCAFE
12 pcs. lady fingers, halved crosswise
Cream Cheese Filling
2 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 cups NESTLE Cream, chilled
1 tsp. lemon or calamansi juice
1/4 cup confectioner`s sugar
Mocha Sponge Cake
6 eggs, separated
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsps. cocoa
1 tbsp. NESCAFE
2 tbsps. cocoa
1 tsp. NESCAFE
2 tbsps. confectioner`s sugar
1. Beat eggwhites with 1/2 cup sugar until stiff but not dry; set aside.
2. Beat eggyolks until thick and lemon-colored. Add remaining sugar gradually, beating continuously until thick. Add sifted mixture of flour, baking powder, cocoa and coffee to eggyolk mixture, blending well.
3. Fold in eggwhites to eggyolk mixture. Divide batter evenly in two 9-inch round layer pans lined with wax paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. Invert cakes on racks to cool.
4. Prepare cream cheese filling. Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Stir lemon juice into NESTLE Cream and add to cream cheese in portions while beating continuously. Blend in confectioner`s sugar. Set aside.
5. Cook sugar with 1/4 cup water until dissolved. Stir in NESCAFE and liqueur. Split each cooled cake into two equal layers; brush each layer generously with coffee syrup.
6. Spread cream cheese filling in-between cake layers and frost cake on top and thinly on sides of cake. Brush lady fingers with remaining coffee syrup and attach each upright around sides of cake. Finish top with a decorative sprinkle of a mixture of cocoa, confectioner`s sugar and NESCAFE. Chill before serving.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|