2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon shallots, chopped fine
1 cup cubed ripe tomatoes
6 tablespoon dry white wine
1 cup heavy cream
1 lb thinly sliced ham
1 1/2 cup small white seedless grapes
1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a saucepan and add the shallots. Cook briefly, then add the tomatoes. Cook about 10 min., stirring occasionally. Add 4 tbsp of the wine and cook about 3 min. Stir in the cream. Simmer about 15 min.
3. Butter a oval baking dish( a dish measuring about 9 x 12 x 2 in. is ideal). Roll up the ham slices into cigarette shapes not quite 1-in. in diameter. Arrange the rolls close together in the dish, side by side in a neat row. Melt the remaining butter and brush over the ham rolls. Set aside.
4. Put the sauce through a fine strainer. Return to the saucepan and cook about 5 min. longer.
5. Meanwhile, place the grapes in a small skillet with the remaining wine. Bring to a boil and cook, shaking the skillet, about 3 min. Do not over cook or the grapes will become mushy. They must retain a nice texture and shape. Add the sauce and bring to a boil, stirring.
6. Place the ham in the oven and bake about 5 min., just to heat through. 7. Pour the grapes and the sauce over the ham.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|