1 cup orange juice
3 packets unflavored gelatin
5 medium, very ripe mangoes
1 cup sugar
1 cup evaporated skim milk
2 cups light whipped topping
1. Put the orange juice into a small heat-proof bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Peel mangoes, cut fruit from pits and puree in blender or food processor. You should have 4 cups of puree. Transfer puree to a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar and evaporated milk.
3. Warm the juice and gelatin over a bowl of hot water until liquid and smooth. Whisk the gelatin into the mango mixture.
4. Stir in the whipped topping.
5. Fill a 10 cup mold with cold water and pour all the water out. Fill the mold with the mango mixture, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 2 to 3 hours.
6. To serve, wrap a warm, damp towel around the mold. Invert a serving plate over the mod and, holding plate and mold together, turn plate upright. Lift the mold away carefully. Garnish with fresh fruit if desired. Serve cold.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|