1 1/2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon oil
125 gm salt pork, ham or bacon, chopped
12 button onions
1 to 2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 cup button mushrooms
1 chicken, jointed or 6 chicken piece; s
1/2 cup seasoned flour
3/4 level teaspoon salt
1 freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 bay leaves
2 sprigs parsley
1/4 cup brandy
1 small bottle red wine(claret or burgundy)
1 level teaspoon sugar
2 level teaspoons flour
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1. heat butter and oil in pan, fry pork, onions, garlic
2. add mushrooms, fry gently, remove ingredients from pan
3. dredge chicken pieces in seasoned flour and saute in the pan for 5 - 10 minutes until well brown.
4. return mushrooms, onions and pork to pan, add salt, pepper, thyme, bay leaves and parsley.
5. cover and cook over low heat for 20 - 30 minutes.
6. warm brandy, ignite and add to the pan, allow to burn for 1 minute, then extinguish by pouring in the red wine. add sugar.
7. blend flour with some of the liquid, add to dish, stir till thickened. serve hot, garnish with finely chopped parsley and mashed potatoes.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|