1 cookie crust ( see recipe )
1/2 cup jam; raspberry, apricot etc.
1 1/2 tablespoon brandy; or other liquer optional
9 tablespoon butter; unsalted
9 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon honey; heaping tablespoons
1/4 cup cream; heavy
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cup almonds; blanched, sliced
1 lemon juice; fresh - few drops
1. Lightly butter a 15x10x1 jelly roll pan. Prepare cookie crust.
2. Roll out crust into a rectangle slightly larger than prepared pan. Transfer to pan, letting edges hang over sides. Chill until firm, about 20 minutes.
3. Trim edges of dough even with edges of pan. Prick with a fork.
4. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven just until lightly golden, 16 to 18 minutes; prick any bubbles that rise up. Cool Slightly.
5. Combine jam and liquer if using in bowl. Brush a thin layer over pastry.
6. Melt butter in heavy saucepan. Stir in sugar, salt and honey; cook over low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Increase heat to medium. Add cream. Boil, stirring, until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, lemon juice and almonds. Gently spread in a smooth layer over crust.
7. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven until bubbly and golden brown, 17 to 20 minutes. Cool pan completely on rack. Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares or diamonds.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|