3/4 cup lard
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
16 skinless whole blanched almonds, c; ut in half
1. Combine lard, sugar, 1 egg, and almond extract. Beat well.
2. Slowly add baking powder and flour to lard mixture and blend well.
3. Divide dough into 32 small balls. Slightly flatten each ball with palm and place almond half in center.
4. Lightly beat the remaining egg and brush over the tops of all cookies to glaze. Transfer cookies to an ungreased cookie sheet, allowing enough space for each cookie to spread in baking.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 15 - 18 minutes or until golden.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|