1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
1 cup minced onion
1 large brunch broccoli, finely chop
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 lots of black pepper
2 medium cloves garlic, minced
2 cup good bread crumbs
2 cup grated cheddar (opt)
2 tablespoon lemon juice (more to taste)
10 each sheets of filo pastry
3 tablespoon to 4t olive oil for filo
1. Preheat oven to 375. Oil a baking tray.
2. Melt butter or heat 1T olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion, and saute for about 5 mins over medium heat.
3. Add broccoli, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring for about 5 mor minutes. Add garlic, and saute until the broccoli is just tender
4. Stir in bread crumbs, cheese, and lemon juice. Taste to adjust seasoning.
5. To assemble: Place on sheet of filo on a clean, dry countertop. Brush the top lightly with oil, then add another sheet. Brush with oil, then add another. Continue until you have a pile of five leaves. Add half the filling, fold in the sides, and gently roll until you have a nice neat little log. Brush the top with more oil, then carefully lift the pastry, and place it on the oiled baking sheet. Repeat this proceedure to make a second roll, and place it next to the first one on the tray.
6. Bake 25-30 mins, until golden and exquisitely crisp. Cut with a serrated knife, using a gentle sawing motion. Serve hot or at room temperature.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|