1 pkg yeast, not instant
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/4 cup warm water
2 3/4 cup bread flour
6 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1 tablespoon cornmeal
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 black pepper
1. Dissolve the yeast and the sugar in 3/4 cup warm water, about 110 degrees. Set aside for 15 minutes until very foamy.
2. Stir in 1 cup flour. Cover with plastic wrap and let this sponge proof in a warm place until tripled idn volume and very bubbly, about 3 hours.
3. Into the yeast mixture, add the remaining 1/2 cup warm water, 2 T olive oil, 1/2 t regular salt, parmesan and rosemary.
4. Add enough of the remaining flour to form a soft and workable dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
5. Oil a large bowl. Put the dough into the bowl, cover loosely and let rise in a wam place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
6. Sprinkle a baking sheet with the cornmeal. Divide the dough into 4 parts and roll each into a circle about 7 in. in diameter. Place on the baking sheet. Use the tips of your fingers to make the dimples in the dough. Spoon a tablespoon of olive oil on each bread piece and sprinkle with the coarse salt and pepper.
7. Bake in a preheated 475F oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|