1 tablespoon margarine
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoon fine dry bread crumbs
1 can (6 1/2 to 7 1/2 oz.)
1 crabmeat, drained & flaked
1 quart corn oil
1 soy sauce
1 prepared mustard
1. In small saucepan, melt margarine over low heat; stir in 1 1/2 ts cornstarch and salt until smooth.
2. Remove from heat; gradually stir in milk until smooth.
3. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs and crabmeat.
5. Cover and refrigerate.
6. Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in remaining cornstarch, coating evenly.
7. Pour corn oil into heavy 3-quart saucepan or deep fryer, filling no more then 1/3 full; heat over medium heat 375F.
8. Carefully add crabmeat balls, a few at a time; fry 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Drain on paper towels; serve with soy sauce and mustard.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|