1 medium whole chicken, about 3 lbs
4 slice bacon
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 centiliter garlic, chopped
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 lb mushrooms, 1/4' diced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
2 tablespoon flour mashed with 2 tb butt
1 cup dry white wine
1. Truss chicken and season with salt & pepper.
2. In a large flameproof caserole, brown bacon pieces over low heat. : Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. : Add oil to bacon drippings. Add chicken and cook over medium heat, : turning, until browned well all over, about 20 minutes. Remove : from pan.
3. Add onion & garlic to pany drippings and cook until tender, : about three minutes. Stir in white win, chicken broth, mushrooms, : thyme and parsley. Return chicken & bacon to caserole.
4. Cover & cook over low heat 1 hour, until chicken is tender. : Remove chiken to heated serving platter & cover lightly with : foil to keep warm.
5. Bring cooking liquid in caserole to a boil. Gradually stir in : flour butter paste. Cook, stiring constaly, until sauce : thickens, about 2 minutes. Pour over chicken.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|