3 cup stock (or water)
3 or 4 chicken breasts *
2 bean paste sheets (or wide carrot o; r cucumber strips)
2 tablespoon peanut butter
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon red pepper oil
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
* (to produce approximately 1 1/2 cups of shredded chicken)
1. Mix well, separately, seasoning and sauce ingredients.
2. Bring stock (or salted water) to the boil, immerse chicken breasts and turn off flame. Soak until cooled, then shred into strips. (Alternatively, for authentic and finer texture, cover breasts with a clean cloth and shred by hitting them with a mallet++hence the sound of ponpon.)
3. Lay bean paste sheets in a suitable flat container, and blanch in hot water for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and rinse under cold running water. Drain and cut into finger-sized strips and mix with sauce mixture.
4. Spoon into serving dish, pile shredded chicken on top and pour seasoning mixture over.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|