450 gm beef shin
500 ml bottle of chinese spice sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 cooking oil
3 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon fen chiew chinese wine (or kao lian; g chiew, or sherry)
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 teaspoon cinnamon powder
2/3 teaspoon star anise powder
1. ea Prepare the marinade and marinate beef shin for 24 hours.
2. ea Cook shin in boiling water for 10 minutes, then remove. Simmer in the spice sauce for 75 minutes. (A special sauce would be prepared in the restaurant kitchen; bottled sauce is recommended for home-cooking purposes.) Remove, cool and freeze (for subsequent ease of slicing++ ideally with a slicing machine).
3. Stir-fry sesame seeds in a dry wok until they are golden, and set aside.
4. Thinly slice frozen beef shin, and deep-fry in hot oil over medium flame until crisp.
5. Melt the sugar in 2 tsp of water in another wok, add beef slices and stir fry until no liquid is left.
6. Sprinkle sesame seeds and sesame oil over slices while still hot. Gently mix and transfer to serving dish.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|