4 lb beef chuck cross rib pot roast, bon; eless
2 tablespoon cooking fat
2 1/4 cup tomato juice; #2 can
1/4 cup prepared horseradish
2 tablespoon dry sherry wine
1. In a Dutch oven, or large pan with a tight-fitting cover, brown meat in fat. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan. Pour off fat drippings.
2. Cook onions in drippings remaining in pan until soft but not browned; stir often. Add tomato juice, horseradish, and wine; mix well. Return meat to pan.
3. Cover and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until done. (Or cook in a 325F oven for same amount of time.) Turn meat once to cook it evenly throughout and baste with sauce. Skim off excess fat.
4. If sauce is too thin, remove meat to a platter and keep warm. Mix 2 tablespoosn flour in 1/3 cup cold water. Add mixture slowly to sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Taste sauce and correct seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
5. If sauce needs only a little thickening, remove meat, skim off excess fat, and simmer, uncovered, for a few minutes.
6. Slice meat and serve sauce.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|