1 oz dried mushrooms
1 boiling water
6 oz uncooked boneless lean pork
4 oz cooked ham
1 small red pepper
8 green onions
1/2 cup water chestnuts
8 oz bean curd
2 quart chicken stock
1/2 cup rice wine
4 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon chinese chili sauce
2 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
5 tablespoon water
2 teaspoon vinegar
2 teaspoon sesame oil
8 oz uncooked shrimp, shelled and
1. Place mushrooms in bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain. Remove and discard stems. Cut caps into thin slices.
2. Cut pork and ham into "match-stick" thin strips. Remove seeds from pepper and cut pepper into thin strips. Chop onions finely. Cut water chestnuts into slices. Cut bean curd into 1/2- cubes.
3. Combine chicken stock, wine, soy sauce and chili sauce in 5-quart pan. Cook over medium heat until soup boils. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
4. Blend cornstarch and 4 tablespoons of the water. Slowly stir mixture into soup. Cook and stir until soup boils. Add mushrooms, pork, ham, pepper and water chestnuts. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
5. Stir vinegar and oil into soup. Beat egg and remaining 1 tablespoon water together with for, Gradually drizzle egg into soup while stirring soup vigorously. Add onions, bean curd and shrimp. Cook until shrimp is done, 1 to 2 minutes.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|