8 pork chops, center cut, 3/4 inch th; ick
1 cup wood chips, prefer applewood *
1 peach and citrus chutney, (see reci; pe)
----FAR EASTERN RUB----
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoon madras-style curry powder
1 1/2 teaspoon sweet hungarian paprika
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground hot red (cayenne)
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
* Soak wood chips in water for at least 30 mins and drain.
1. Make the dry rub: In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients. Rub all over the prok chops. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 mins or upt to 2 hours.
2. Make a charcoal fire in grill.
3. Toss half of the chips on the coals. Place the chops on a lightly oiled grill and cover immediately. Cook, turning once, until seared on both sides, about 6 mins. Move the pork chops to the cooler edges of the grill and add the remaining chips to the coals. Cover the grill and cook until the meat shows no sign of pink when cut to the bone, about 20 mins.
4. Serve the pork chops immediately with the peach chutney.
Makes 8 servings
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|