2 large globe artichokes
6 slice lemon
1 tarragon sprigs
3 oz butter
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
Globe Artichokes are delicious when you pull the leaves off and dip them in this herby butter. Preparing the artichokes too, is easy - just follow the step by step instructions.
Serving Suggestion: Serve each person with their own pot of tarragon butter to dip the leaves in, and a side plate for the debris. Alternatively try serving the artichokes cold with a french dressing, or mayonnaise with a stiffly beaten egg white added.
Crush the garlic cloves and chop the fresh tarragon.
1. Hold the artichokes firmly and cut off the stalks together with the first 12mm in from the bottom of the artichoke.
2. Turn the artichokes round, hold firmly and slice off the top 12mm in of the leaves. Snip away the points from the lower leaves.
3. Tie two lemon slices firmly to the bottom of each of the artichokes with string (this prevents the artichokes from discolouring).
4. Place in a large saucepan of salted water, bring to the boil, cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until aleaf comes away easily if pulled. Remove the lemon and drain the artichoke upside down for 1 minute. Place on a serving dish and garnish with remaining lemon slices and tarragon sprigs.
5. Meanwhile make the tarragon butter: melt the butter over a low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Pour into a serving bowl and stir in the chopped fresh tarragon. Serve with the artichokes.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|