2 large avocados
16 oz tinned plum tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1 ground black pepper
discolouring brush with oil or lemon juice. Preparation: Chop the shallot. Freezing: Sauce can be frozen for up to six months.
1. First make the sauce: place the tomatoes and their juice, the shallot, sugar, thyme and salt and pepper in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Sieve, then chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Halve the avocados by slicing around the stone then twisting apart. Make a nest with a tea towel on a chopping board and sit an avocado half in it. Hit the stone with a large cook's knife then ease it out.
3. Score the skin into segments with a small sharp knife then peel. The tougher the avocado skin, the narrower the strips need to be cut.
4. Place the peeled avocado halves on a plate and make equal lengthwise cuts, leaving the narrow end intact.
5. Gently push the avocado slices apart with your fingers so that the slices fan out. Surround with a pool of the sauce then serve.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|