1 lb zucchini -- grated
2 tablespoon salt
1 pkg active dry yeast
1 1/4 cup lukewarm water
3 1/2 cup flour
1 olive oil -- for brushing
1. In a colander, alternate layers of grated zucchini and salt. Leave for 30 mins over a bowl or sink. Then squeeze out the moisture with your hands.
2. Combine the yeast with 1/4 cup of lukewarm water, stir, and leave to dissolve for 15 mins.
3. Place the zucchini, yeast, and flour in a bowl. Stir together, and add just enough of the remaining water to obtain a rough dough.
4. Transfer to a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with a plastic bag, and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hrs.
5. Grease a baking sheet. Puch down dough with fist and knead into a tapered cylinder. Place on baking sheet, cover, and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 45 mins.
6. Preheat oven to 425 F. Brush with olive oil and bake until golden, 40 to 45 mins. Cool on a wire rack.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|