1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable shortening
2 large eggs
3/4 cup peach jam
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk
*Preheat oven to 350 F.
1. Grease and flour two 7 1/2 x 3 1/2 x 2-inch loaf pans and set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
3. In large bowl of standing electric mixer beat the sugar and shortening on high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating one min. after each addition. Add jam and vanilla; mix well.
4. Add the flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans. Smooth tops with spatula. Bake in center of oven for 40 to 50 mins or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Place the pans on a rack for 10 mins. Remove the bread from pans and let cool on rack.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|