4 anaheim chiles; (6 in)
2/3 cup ricotta cheese; (part skim)
2/3 cup corn; whole kernel
3 tablespoon green onion; chopped
1/4 teaspoon pepper; fresh ground
1/2 cup onion; finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon cumin; ground
1/4 teaspoon mexican oregano
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 can tomatoes; chopped; (14 oz)
1. Place chiles on a baking sheet. Broil 3 in. from heat 15 min. or until blackened and charred, turning once.
2. Place chiles in ice water, and chill 5 minutes. Drain well; peel and discard skins. Cut a 4 in slit in the side of each chile; discard seeds, and set aside.
3. Combine ricotta cheese, corn, green onions, pepper, and half of garlic; stir well. Put 1/3 c of mixture into each chile. Arrange chiles in a small baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min. or until thoroughly heated.
4. Coat a small saucepan with cooking spray; place over med. heat until hot. Add remaining garlic and chopped onion; saute 3 min. Add cumin and oregano; saute 1 minute. Stir in salt and tomatoes.
5. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes more, stirring frequently. Pour sauce over chiles and serve. (About 262 calories per 2 filled chilies and 1/2 c sauce. Chol: 26 mg). From Healthy Cooking, adapted and formated for you by Judy Lausch, DGSV43A. Please enjoy.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|