1 lb dried fettuccine
2 (to 3) garlic clove(s)
1 medium butternut squash
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 can (14 1/2 oz ea)
1 pasta-ready tomatoes
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1. Cook the fettuccine in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender but still firm, 7-9 min. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, mince the garlic. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and strings. Place the squash, cut sides down, on a microwave-safe plate and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH until tender, 8-10 min.
3. While the squash is cooking, combine the olive oil and garlic in a large frying pan. Cook over medium-high heat until fragrant but not brown, about 1 min. Add the tomatoes with their juices to the pan and simmer 2-3 min.
4. Scoop the squash from its shell and mash with a fork until smooth. Add the squash puree to the tomatoes and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Puree the sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return the sauce to the pan. Add the drained fettuccine and toss to heat through.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|