2 1/2 lb porcini mushrooms or
1 1/2 lb white mushrooms and
1 lb shiitake mushrooms
1/2 cup onion(s), chopped
3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
2 lb maccheroncini *
1 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoon butter, softened
1 fresh ground pepper
1 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano
1 cheese (4 1/2 oz)
1. Quickly rinse the mushrooms under running water (or wipe them clean with a soft cloth or mushroom brush). Cut the porcini or white mushrooms from cap to stem into thin lengthwise slices; stem the shiitakes and thinly slice the caps.
2. In a large skillet, cook the onion in the olive oil over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Add the garlic and stir just until fragrant; do not let it become any darker than pale gold.
3. Add the parsley, stir quickly once or twice, then add all the mushrooms. Add a generous amount of salt and stir. Cover the skillet and lower the heat to moderate. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid released by the mushrooms has evaporated, about 20 min.
Can be prepared to this point several hours ahead. Reheat briefly before proceeding.
4. Bring plenty of water to a boil in a large pot. Add salt and drop in the pasta, stirring it periodically.
5. While the pasta is cooking, add the cream, butter and plenty of fresh ground pepper to the pan with the mushrooms. Raise the heat to high and simmer, stirring frequently, until the cream has reduced by half.
6. When the pasta is al dente, drain it and toss it immediately into a warm serving bowl with the mushroom sauce. Add the grated cheese, toss to thoroughly coat the pasta and serve at once.
|You need the BEST Dedicated or Virtual SERVER for LESS money? Just click here|